Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Well, it's out

Today was my appointment to get my IUD out. Just to see where I might be in my cycle, the last couple of days I've taken OPK's. The first 2 were light and considered negative. But then today, BAM! A very dark very positive OPK. I also had some pain on my lower left side which I think was ovulation pain. So... looks like I ovulated today or I'm about to any minute now. I told DH he couldn't touch me for a couple days.

My appointment went fine. I was worried about whether it would hurt getting it pulled out, but all I really felt was a small twinge of pain and then the Dr said "all done!". She asked me if we were going to be trying to get pregnant. I told her no, not yet. Maybe end of this year or beginning of next. She then proceeded to ask "well what do you plan on using for birth control until then?". I told her that we were tracking my fertile times and using condoms if need be. She chuckled. Yea, that's right, chuckled. In my mind I was thinking, "what's so funny?" but I'm sure she sees a lot of people that say that and then next month come in for a pregnancy confirmation. She then said that it could take 6 months to a year to be able to get pregnant after Mirena, which totally contradicts what I've read on the internet about fertility returning almost immediately after removal. Oh well. I'm still going to act as if I'm completely fertile again. The doc wrote me a prescription for prenatal vitamins too. I've still been taking them because I had leftovers after I finished breastfeeding Hailee. And since I'm not on any real birth control, it's probably best if I keep taking them, just in case.

After the appointment, my hubby took me to the furniture store and we picked out and bought a new computer desk. It's really nice and makes our whole living area look better.
I am exhausted so time to get some sleep. Gotta be alert to keep up with my silly little girls tomorrow. Please, please let the weather be good so we can go outside tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment