Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A great day

Well as you can see by the title of this post, it was a great day (not a sarcastic comment... it really was). DH was off work and we spent the day just hanging out as a family, which was nice because with him being on the night shift, he's usually sleeping all day and then gone all night or if he's off, up all night while we sleep. But today he got up at a decent time and we took the girls outside and played with them at the park. It was a beautiful day and it felt so good to be standing there, holding hands with him as we watched Gracie run around playing on the slides and Hailee toddling around after her. It's moments like that I live for.
Also, tomorrow is my birthday. DH has to work tomorrow so he'll be asleep all day and gone all night. I wasn't expecting anything. I kind of forgot it was my birthday tomorrow. He had to go pick up some papers from his department this afternoon, and when he came back he was holding this beautiful wrapped box and a card. It was so sweet! I opened it and there was a gorgeous Coach purse and some really great smelling perfume! I hardly ever buy things for myself and never do I treat myself to something as nice as a Coach purse. He knows that so he likes to get me nice things like clothes and shoes and such. He did good ;) Then we just spent the evening together and had a great time. I love him!

On a totally different note... where has my sweet 2 1/2 year old gone?? For this entire afternoon the part of Gracie was played by a small 16 year old with an attitude problem. If she didn't get what she wanted, she gave us some serious attitude and back talk. A 2 year old! Maybe the terrible twos have finally kicked in... I don't know. She spent a significant portion of her evening in time out. Hopefully I will have my sweetheart back tomorrow....
Oh and just an update on the bad hair cut: it is now much better. Strangely, the very next day it looked a lot better. It looks much straighter and not too short anymore. She actually looks very cute with her bangs and I'm pretty pleased with how they look (now).
Alright, time to finish baking cookies, then bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment