Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 21, 2010

A typical (albeit, slightly chaotic) morning

This was the play by play of how things went this morning all so me and the girls could go outside to play at the park....

Me: Grace let's get our clothes on so we can go outside and play!
Grace: Yay! Outside! *runs off into her room*
Me: *follows her into bedroom to see her climbing onto her bed and getting under the covers giggling* Grace, what are you doing? We're going to go outside remember?
Grace: *giggling* Mooooooommmmyyyyyyyyyy.... I'm sleeping!
Hailee: *toddling into the room with a big grin on her face holding a folded up diaper she got out of the trash*
Me: Hailee! What are you doing with a dirty diaper?
Hailee: *laughs, turns around, and runs as fast as she can out of the room*
Me: *thankfully she isn't that fast, so I catch up and grab the diaper and return it to it's rightful place in the trash*
Me: Hailee let's get dressed so we can go outside *holding clothes I have picked out for her*
Hailee: *smiles again and darts off down the hallway*
Me: Grace, come here and get dressed please
Grace: ok mommy. *comes and sits on my lap and lets me dress her*
Me: Go find your shoes now Grace. Hailee come here and get dressed!
Hailee: *runs by me close enough that I snatch her up and dress her in record time. She's laughing throughout the process*
Grace: *walks out wearing Daddy's tennis shoes grinning ear to ear because she knows it's funny*
Me: *go to the closet and find all three pairs of shoes that I need* Hailee let's put your shoes on.
Hailee: *willingly walks over and lets me put her shoes on*
Me: Grace let's put YOUR shoes on.
Grace: *walks over and lets me put her shoes on*
Me: *put my shoes on*
Me: *look over to see Hailee has taken her shoes and socks off. Pick her up and put her socks and shoes on a 2nd time*
Grace: Cracker please mommy.
Me: No Grace not right now, we are going outside. You can have one when we get back in.
Grace: *pathetic whine*
Me: *ignore pathetic whine*
Me: *grab pony tail holders to quickly fix their hair. Put Grace's hair in a braid and Hailee's in a half ponytail to keep it out of her eyes. Put jackets on the girls*
Me: *grab my keys and cell phone*
Me: Come on lets go *as I start to open the door*
Me: *Look over and see that Hailee has once again taken off her shoes and socks, and now her ponytail has been pulled out*
Me:*put Hailee's shoes on AGAIN and contemplate duct taping them to her feet. Put the ponytail back in her hair.*
Grace: Open the door!
Hailee: Open door!
Me: *Opens the door*

This is a pretty regular morning outing for us when the weather permits. It usually goes like this and yes, it usually takes us about 30-45 minutes to get out the door. I've gotten pretty good at planning for the time it takes so when time is of the essence, I'm a pro at being on time.... we just start getting ready WAY in advance ;)
Oh my poor husband living in a house full of silly girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment