Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Thinking....

I hate cold weather. And that's how the weather is right now. Cold and wet. It's making the days very long because I normally try to take the girls outside at least once a day for an hour. They love being outside and it gets us out of the apartment. But this weather has been so yuck that we haven't been outside in 2 days! Bleh! Rain rain go away and take cold weather with you!

My husband and I talked again about when to have our 3rd baby. He's really excited about another baby... it's so sweet. He really wants a boy. So do I. But we both just love kids and love being parents so either one will be considered a blessing. He even said that he wants to change our maximum number of kids from 4 to 5! We had decided the most we would have was 4, but then the other day he said maybe the most we could have would be 5. Whoa! I'm pretty sure we will stick with 4, but you never know... maybe 5 is in God's plan for us....
I know some people may think we are totally crazy. We are young and already have 2 kids, why would we want more? Like I said, we just love kids, we love being parents, and we feel like part of our calling in life is to raise children in a loving Christian home and to be the best parents we can.

So anyway, we talked about it some more. We have to plan a baby around May 2011 of next year. Why? Because we may be flying back to the states to go to my brother's graduation, my graduation from the same school (finshing up my bachelors online through that school... it's where I started my degree and now that I have my associates, I'm just finishing up what I started), and my brother's wedding all in the same month. So if we can, we are going to fly back and for those 3 things and to visit family in Texas and Colorado.
So hubby suggested trying to have a baby in April of 2011, that way we would fly back home with our 2 girls (who will be almost 4 at that time and 2 1/2) and our newborn. So that would have us trying to conceive in July/August (I always have my babies early so even an early May due date would be ok because we wouldn't fly back until middle of May and I would most likely have the baby end of April). BUT the catch is that, if we don't conceive at that time, we can't just keep trying right away. If we don't have an April due date baby, then we will need to put off TTC until November. Because if I got pregnant in September or October, then that would put me at being VERY pregnant in May and not allowed to fly on an international flight... especially with my history of preterm labor.
So basically, here's our plan: TTC in July/August to try and have an April baby. If it just doesn't happen, then wait a couple months and try again starting in November. That way I'd be early enough in the pregnancy that I'd be allowed to fly. So either we'll be flying home with a newborn or flying home pregnant... I'm not sure which one I prefer.... Part of me thinks maybe waiting until November to TTC might be the better idea. We'll just have to see what happens. Definitely going to give it to God and pray about it a lot. He knows best.

But it's exciting to think about expanding our family... not just yet... but maybe by the end of this year I will be expecting our 3rd miracle...

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I'm Joanie and I found your blog from mine! Just wanted to say good luck whenever you TTC! We got surprised with our new baby on the way. Your family is adorable!

    ReplyDelete